Sara and I checked into Meriter this morning to get the "baby party" started. She is currently a week overdue and we are both much more comfortable with this baby growing on the outside rather than on the inside.The first step of this process is referred to as "ripening", in which a medication is applied to the cervix to help it soften. We will get an update tonight at 10 PM to see if we go for round 2 or if we are ready to start induction.
Sara just enjoyed some ice cream and is down for a nap. All I can hear is the baby's heart beat in the monitor. It is a sweet sound.
I'm living large in a hospital bed, watching football with no sound, surfing on wireless Internet...all with access to a fully stocked kitchen. Let me know if I should sneak some cheese sticks out to you.
I'll keep everyone posted as things develop.
Thanks for your love and prayers.
Ben
5 comments:
Hi Ben & Sara,
I hope you have a wonderful day today, and a great baby delivery experience. Please pass my best wishes to Sara when she wakes up from her nap.
Hope you have lots of fun. Can't wait to see the new little one and hear the story of how she came into the world.
Obviously that was Cari....
All I can say is-
PUSH Sara PUSH!!!!!!
Greg
All I can say is, Sara you are a real trooper to let Ben take your picture with an exposed 9 month pregnant belly! You look wonderful!
May God richly bless you with peace, endurance, strength and patience as you enter into this final phase.
Savor every moment, especially that first beautiful cry when God breathes His breath into the child He created for you.
Love,
(Aunt) Nancy
Hi Ben and Sara,
I hope Go Time goes smoothly, and the epidural takes the 'edge' off.
Send you 3 Love,
John, Cynthia, Miriam and Simon
Sara and Ben...Sheila sent around the blog addy so we can all be nosy relatives! What an exciting time for you two. We are anxiously awaiting news here in Iowa. The kids keep asking me if "Sara's had her baby yet." Anyway, I am holding you all close in prayer for a safe, quick and semi-painless delivery of Baby Z! Love, Jane and the gang
I wish you a blessed birthing experience. Just hang in there and God bless!
Best Wishes,
Scott
Post a Comment