Sunday, December 9, 2007

Day 1...Still Waiting

It has been a wonderful day of relaxation and rest. I sort of feel like I am at a spa because the staff has been so wonderful...just constantly asking how we are doing and making sure we don't need anything. Ben has watched at least 2 full football games and I have read and napped...I couldn't ask for a better Sunday.

I am feeling fine with the occasional contraction...nothing intolerable at this point. The doctor will check for progress at 10pm and make a decision from there regarding the next step. We are both excited and ready to get this going! I am connected to a fetal heart rate and contraction monitor and the nurse said she is the "perfect baby". Her heart rate is completely normal and responds to kicking and contractions as she should...that was reassuring to hear. The doctor we met with this morning felt my belly and he feels she will be about a 8.5 pound baby...ouch. Not looking forward to that part. Thank God for the epidural.

Thank you for all the emails and calls of support...we are so blessed with such loving family and friends.

Sara

3 comments:

Elissa said...

Nick, Charlotte and I are wildly excited! Our thoughts and prayers are very much with you. Please keep us posted!

Love,
Elissa

Jane and the Gang said...

Just checking in again and hoping things are going well! Love, Jane

This is from Matt:
Hi Sara! How are you doing? Can you send me a cup of the hospital's ice cream? How's Ben doing? How's the baby in your stomach doing? I like the blog Ben posted on here. P.S. I love you two. I hope the baby comes out really well. Good bye!

From Hailey: I hope the baby is good in your stomach and I hope you like the baby when she gets out. I bet I will love her too. Can I have some ice cream when you get back from the hospital? I love you and the baby too. If I don't see you soon, give a kiss and a hug to the baby from me. I wish you a Merry Christmas and that's all I want to say.

Unknown said...

I think it's ironic that as I'm writing this, I'm listening to the episode of Friends where Phoebe is in the hospital to deliver her babies . . . weird!

Anyhow, I am practically rabid with anticipation. The minute Jeff saw that there was an email from you, I flew to the computer to see what it was--glad to see at least there's a cool blog to read.

Okay, you have better things to do than read my musings . . . now go have that baby!!!

love,
thekrausehouse