Monday, December 17, 2007

Night Shift

Life in our house has gone from relatively peaceful and quiet to utter chaos since the arrival of Annika. Although the adjustment has been REALLY hard at times, it is equally as wonderful and joyous. Ben and I are continually amazed at how beautiful she is and that she is our flesh and blood. We just simply love her in ways we both have never experienced. God is good.

The first 2 days were great because she slept several hours at night and was pretty happy most of the time. The last few days have been much more challenging because she wants to sleep all day and be awake all night, she will not sleep by herself (on her back as is suggested), and breastfeeding has been quite challenging. Ben and I were both getting pretty frustrated but we took some time today to pray, regroup, and come up with a plan. So...I slept from 6pm-1am while he took care of her, and now I'm taking over for the night. We meet with the Lactation Consultant tomorrow and I'm hoping we will walk away with a better plan for feeding as the current is a bit too stressful.

I have to give kudos to Ben...he has been the calming force in our house during this chaos and I feel so blessed to share this journey with him. Life is good...

No comments: